NEO Suspender 2.0 – XC Pod Harness
2018 : NEO created a new type of pod harness, the Suspender: a bucket seat harness that is light, stable, steerable, precise, comfortable, and accessible.
The geometry of the Suspender became a reference.
2023 : Version 2.0 is available. Based on the same principles, we worked for 3 years to improve our high-end cross country pod harness.
The Suspender 2.0 was designed for cross country pilots who fly often, but also for those starting.
“Comfortable as a couch”, in the air as well, and very accessible to pilots new to pod harnesses.
Several technological innovations and accessories provide maximum safety to the pilot.
The harness is entirely made in France, at NEO’s workshop on the shores of Lake Annecy, which guarantees a top-of-the-range finish, durability, and efficient customer service.
Basic work was done on the geometry and the seat,
To match our philosophy:
« Harnesses must first of all fly well, and rucksacks must have good support. »
On the Suspender 2.0, the focus of our work was:
– Choosing and precise adjusting a “classic” ABS: the Suspender can be flown with high aspect ratio gliders that require ABS (Anti Balance System) for a more precise handling in thermals and glides like on rails.
– Better ABS to dampen a symmetric shooting in thermals and sudden wingtip surges.
– Roll is managed with fine adjustments to the chest strap width.
The chest-strap setup (between 42 and 49 cm) has a big impact in roll.
Two NEO tags serve as reference: when overlapped, they indicate a width of 45 cm.
– Perfect placement of the center of gravity, the base to design any harness, for balance and stability.
– Perfect adjustment of the longitudinal balance to manage yaw.
– Perfect overall balance to find the right compromise between stability, feedback of the airmass, turn start and management.
– The geometry stays fully active regardless of the flying speed.
– More dynamic turn start than version 1.0.
– External thigh support to retain the turn energy allowing to carve it.
– Better stability and behavior on speed.
– Ultra-precise turn management.
The Suspender is a pod harness that’s different from the rest.
It’s a bucket seat: a hybrid between a hammock and a seatboard harness.
We integrated a NEO-Koroyd,that provides precision, rigidity from halfway up the seat to the upper back, and prevents the turn energy from dissipating.
– Unmatched comfort in a paragliding harness.
– The balance between the bucket seat and the pod allow the upper body and legs to relax.
– The comfort and precision of a competition harness in a light and compact package.
– The back rigidity allows the pilot to fly with loose shoulder straps and prevent back fatigue on long flights.
– Better foam density on the seat, for improved comfort on long flights.
– Easy and precise adjustments: on the side, depth/lower back, chest, shoulders, and upper chest.
On this 2.0 version, comfort was significantly improved. Allen Brothers 40 mm Auto-ratchet pulleys reduce pressure and provide precision on bar.
3-step speedbar with 5 mm lines, Anti-wear sheathed with removable brummel hooks.
On this 2.0 version, comfort was significantly improved.
Without pilot intervention during the opening of the reserve parachute, the probabilities of a downplane are high, and the paraglider will place itself opposite to the parachute.
If the pilot throws reserve at low altitude and doesn’t have enough time, or if they’re unable to disable the glider (due to twists, for example), a downplane will occur.
The distance between the shoulders and the main attachment point creates a lever effect, placing the pilot horizontally on their back. The pilot follows the fall, not being able to react, with an inevitable impact on the back.
The System STAND-UP Rescue System The STAND-UP system by NEO helps avoiding this stretched position, regardless the flying configuration.
The attachment points are now located at the glider’s attachment point.
“STAND-UP” MEANS: THE PILOT SITTING UP AUTOMATICALLY
The STAND-UP Rescue System allows the pilot to sit up and land sitting dow nor standing up, their choice. It is up to the pilot to choose their arrival position to the ground. While sitting down like on a chair, the action to stand fully up is extremely simple.
Many Dedicated and Generic Pockets