JDC Skywatch Porosity Meter MK2
The latest version of the JDC Porosity Meter
This easy-to-use, reliable and very precise porosimeter was developed and manufactured by JDC ELECTRONIC SA, following a high demand from the free flight lovers, mainly for security. Very quickly this instrument became the reference for porosity measurement and is now used and appreciated world wide.
The Porosimeter MK2 features a narrow remote probe unit that simplifies the measurement of high performance paragliders with narrow cell openings.
Purpose of Porosimeter MK2
Enable an air volume to go through a cloth in order to measure its porosity. Principle : measures the time necessary for 0,25 liter of air under 10mbar pressure to go through 40 cm2 of cloth.
– Quick test of cloth porosity used for example in paraglider, spinnaker & balloon manufacture.
– Measures a cloth degradation in order to warn the paragliders of properties and security decrease of its canopy.
– Evaluation of the present and resale value of second-hand paragliders.
– Laboratory study of cloth wear (coating adherence, etc.)
Frequently used by :
– Cloth manufacturers
– Free flight schools
– Free flight shops
– Paraglider and hang glider manufacturers
– Paper manufacturers
Technical Data :
The measuring pressure of the MK2 is 100 mm of water (10 mbar)
Result is given in seconds (necessary time for 0,25 liter of air to go through 40 cm2 of fabric under a pressure of 10 mbar).
Formula to convert POROSIMETER MK2 values in
Industry standard #1
(liter per m2 per min) (pressure of 200 mm of water)
5400 / time in second
(divide 5400 by the time displayed on the MK2)
Industry standard #2
(cm3 per cm2 per sec) (pressure of 200 mm of water)
9000 / time in second
(divide 9000 by the time displayed on the MK2)
Stock code: JDC-PM2
There are no reviews yet.