Flymaster LIVE SD Alti Vario GPS Live Tracking
£549.00 – £559.00
£549.00 – £559.00
Flymaster LIVE SD Alti Vario GPS with Live Tracking !NOW INCLUDES PRE-INSTALLED SD CARD!
SPECIAL OFFER – Get a Flymaster Heart-G for £10 (RRP £64.99) when you buy a Flymaster SD-Series Instrument
Designed for maximum performance and safety, the LIVE SD is the ultimate Flymaster flight instrument specially built for competition and XC pilots.
XC flying is rewarding, yet landing out alone can be scary. With the LiveTracking system you will never be alone on your XC adventure. Flymaster LiveTracking technology is the standard for the Paragliding World Cup and the Red Bull X-Alps.
With the LIVE SD you can be part of the well known FLYMASTER LIVE-TRACKING NAVIGATION SYSTEM (Patent Pending) proven in most competitions, like the Red Bull X-Alps, or PWC.
This innovative system enables enables real-time flight monitoring – live-tracking – over Google Earth, enhancing sharing of flights and contributing significantly to improve flight safety.
Safety can even be augmented by configuring the LIVE SD to periodically send an sms with information like position, altitude, or speed to a defined recipient.
Don’t get caught in airspace!
With Flymasters 3D airspace warning system you will have ample information to navigate around restriced airspace zones.
The Flymaster 3D airspace avoidance system provides tools to manage airspaces. Restricted areas can be seen in an embedded map, or on dedicated page. The map can be complemented with numerical, and text information using data fields. The Critical Airspaces dedicated page can be used to see detailed information about areas that are close to the pilot.
In addition to graphic information, audible alarms and page triggers will ensure that even the most inattentive pilots does not miss critical information. For example when flying near a restricted area an alarm is issued and the airspace page automatically enabled.
Taking advantage of the SD card storage capacity the instrument provides worldwide airspace data. Pilots can fly from country to country without any concerns about changing airspace data files.
As of 2016 the NAV-SD is supplied with a pre-installed micro SD card containing maps and airspace.
Design your own instrument
Need more or less data on your flight screens? With Flymasters’ unique Designer you can create the instrument you like and need for your style of flying.
Taking advantage of the Flymaster LIVE SD graphic processor, which also allows gray scales and increased definition graphics, pilots can customize their own multiple screen pages using the new Flymaster DESIGNER.
Using the designer users can add, resize or move objects, and increase the font size of text, allowing users of any age (and eye-sight quality) to get the most out of their unit.
The Flymaster Designer is a free application allowing users to design and manage, the screen layout of Flymaster instruments, and update the firmware. An unlimited number of layouts can be created,and shared with other users.
Flymasters’ unique thermal ball will help you find the thermal core quicker and the zero buzzer makes sure don’t fly past lift.
The Thermal Core Map is one of the most useful, and exclusive feature of the LIVE SD. This map corresponds to a black dot which is shown inside the inner navigation wheel. During a thermal climb the LIVE SD keeps track of the strongest climb values and graphically represent the strongest one by a dot. The pilot can then search for a new core and if needed return to the last one by following the dot.
Another well known feature is the Buzzer Sound which is produced when the rate of climb is close to, but has not yet reached the specified Climb threshold. Since the Buzzer starts earlier than the normal vario sound it is an amazing companion in flight allowing the pilot to pick-up thermals he would have usually missed.
The LIVE SD has a built in low power wireless interface for connecting compatible accessories. The list of Flymaster wireless accessories is the most complete on the market. Already available for the LIVE SD are the HEART-G, TAS and M1.
The Flymaster LIVE SD implements an easy intuitive menu driven system with no need to memorise multiple functions on keys with long key presses.
Follow the links to Flymaster’s support pages where you can display:
Main Hardware Characteristics
• Display Resolution (High Contrast Grey Scale): 320×240 pixels
• Screen size (true viewing area): 76×57 mm
• Battery Capacity (Lithium-Ion): 4000 mAh
• Autonomy: > 30 hours
• Size: 155x92x24 mm (Length x Width x Thickness)
• Weight: 232 gr
• GPS :50 channels/4hz
• Native USB Connection: Allows connection to the PC to download/upload Flight Data, Airspaces Data, etc
• Battery Charging: From wall adapter, car adapter or standard usb port
• Quad-band GSM: GPRS class 10. Quad-band support: GSM 850 MHz, EGSM 900 MHz, DCS 1800 MHz and PCS 1900 MHz.
• RF Interface: Allows the wireless connection of several external probes, like HEART-G or TAS probe, simultaneously.
• Micro SD slot: Up to 32 GB
• 6 Axis accelerometer and magnetometer: Allows 6-degrees of freedom Tilt-compensated Compass)
• Firmware: update by USB (upgrades are free)
16 user definable pages (each page can be draw using designer software, and include a number of elements only limited by space).
13 configurable graphical elements (depending of the element several parameters can be set by the user ex. Size, Border, …)
85 configurable data field elements (User can change size, border, title, Font, …)
Page Trigger Events (page switches automatically if a specific event occurs)
• Airspace warning
• Entering thermal
• Transition (leaving thermal)
• Arriving at turnpoint
• Start opened
• Power up
Multi Lingual Interface
Configurable audible alerts
• Turnpoint complete
• Start Open
• Goal Possible
Definable Function Keys
• Set Altimeter
• Reset Altimeter 2
• Task Navigator
• Skip Waypoint
• Set Volume
• Near Airfields
• Switch Page
• Page Browser
• Report Back
• Buzzer/near thermal sound.
• Ultra sensitive Variometer with 10 readings per second and 10 cm resolution.
• Configurable vario digital filter and integration values.
• Fully configurable Vario Sound (frequency, increments, frequency/vertical speed relation,….).
• 6 Sound Levels (configurable by menu, or using a key).
• Automatic mute, keeps vario silent until takeoff.
• Altitude adjustment using QNH.
• Automatic altitude adjustment from GPS.
• 3 independent altimeters.
• 3D flight logger IGC format.
• Storage for >300000 track points.
• Up to 248 flights.
• 448 Waypoints.
• Compatibility with Open Air format (upload of files using Designer).
• Display of restricted areas in map
• Adjustable warning vertical distance to a restriced area
• Adjustable warning horizontal distance to a restriced area
• Display of shortest Vertical, and Horizontal, distance to restricted area
• Resctrited area alarms (Altitude imminent, Position imminent, Violation, …)
• Critical Airspace page (displays information about areas that are closer than a defined distance)
• Worldwide Airspace database (SD card required)
Cross Country Features
• Exclusive Thermal Ball indicator
• Several specific data fileds like Distance to take off, current and avarage glide ratio, avarage speed, etc.
• Distance to last thermal indexed with altitude
• Goto waypoint
• Multiple waypoint route
• Wind Speed and Direction (GPS based calculations)
• Automatic altitude gain profiler
• McCready related values like speed to fly, next termal climb, etc. (available with the TASProbe)
• Nearby Landings (Displays Required Glide Ratio and distance to all the Landings which can be reached)
• Route Optimization (indication for shortest route point)
• Speed to Start (optimal speed to make the start)
• Arriving altitude at next waypoint and goal (considering wind)
• Several Glides Ratios (to goal, average, to next,…)
• Easy task definition
• Task Navigation, configurable safety/risk margin on turn points.
• Task Map (trace with thermal indication)
• Conical End of Speed Section
• Upload of flight data to repositories using the GSM network (compatible with several repositories like Leonardo XC server, XContest, DHV)
• Automatic almost real time flight data sending to a remote live tracking server through GSM network. (compatible with several servers like Flymaster, LiveTracking24, DHV, etc)
• On demand sending of Predefined messages to a server (eg. Need Assistance, Need Retrieval, etc)
• Automatic data receiving from a remote server like alarm messages, task definition, etc.
• Periodic sending of SMS with position to a predefined number.
• Event triggered sending of SMS with position to a predefined number.
• Small GPRS data usage (considering that communication is not lost, in average, requires 25KB per flight/hour).
Compatible with MacOSX (1.6 and higher), Windows (vista/7/8)
Did you really read all that…?!
Stock code: OP-FM_LIVE-SD