Flymaster LIVE-DS – Dual Screen GPS Alti Vario with 4G LTE Live Tracking
This instrument is elligible for a £250 rebate from the CAA for the FLARM version, details can be found here along with the application form.
The most complete free-flying instrument ever created. For the most demanding pilot, focused on winning, whether in competition or cross-country.
The LIVE-DS features two high contrast highly sunlight readable displays, one colour display for mapping and a monochrome display for data fields etc.
A protective rubber Bumper Case is available to safeguard the instrument from bumps and drops.
Main Hardware Characteristics
||Dual-screen – Reflective color (640×480) and reflective grayscale (320×240)
|Battery Capacity (Lithium-Ion)
|Autonomy Learn more
||Usually more than 30h
||72 channel U-blox BeiDou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS / QZSS
|Native USB Connection
||USB Type-C Mass Storage Access
||From wall adapter or standard usb port
||Global Multi-band LTE-M
||Bluetooth 5 low energy module
||Flarm ready (optional Flarm Aware RX + TX mode)
||Supports SDcards up to 256 GB
|6 Axis accelerometer and magnetometer
||Allows 6-degrees of freedom Tilt-compensated Compass)
|Firmware update by USB (upgrades are free)
|User definable pages (each page can be draw using Flymaster Instrument Manager, and include a number of elements only limited by space).
||8 page sets
|Configurable graphical elements (depending of the element several parameters can be set by the user ex. Size, Border, Color, …)
|Configurable data field elements (User can change size, border, title, Font, Color, …)
|Page Trigger Events (page switches automatically if a specific event occurs)
- Airspace warning
- Entering thermal
- Transition (leaving thermal)
- Arriving at turn point
- Start opened
- Power up
|Configurable voice alerts
- Turn point complete
- Start opened
- Goal Possible
- Countdown time
- Buzzer/near thermal sound
- Ultra sensitive Variometer with 10 readings per second and 10 cm resolution
- Configurable vario digital filter and integration values
- Fully configurable Vario Sound (frequency, increments, frequency/vertical speed relation,….)
- Adjustable Sound Levels
- Automatic mute, keeps vario silent until takeoff
- Altitude adjustment using QNH
- Automatic altitude adjustment from GPS
- 2 independent altimeters
- 3D flight logger IGC format
- The map offers an intuitive visualization of restricted areas, ensuring easy identification and awareness of prohibited zones.
- Adjustable voice warning of vertical distance to a restricted area
- Adjustable voice warning of horizontal distance to a restricted area
- Display of shortest vertical, and horizontal distance to restricted area
- Restricted area voice alarms (Altitude imminent, Position imminent, Violation, …)
- Critical Airspace page (displays information about areas that are closer than a defined distance)
- Airspaces browser
- Worldwide Airspace database
- Detailed colored maps with topographic data
- With configurable layers
Cross Country Features
- Exclusive Thermal Ball indicator
- Several specific data fields like distance to take off, current and average glide ratio, average speed, etc.
- Distance to last thermal indexed with altitude
- Goto waypoint
- Multiple waypoint route
- Wind Speed and Direction (GPS based calculations)
- Automatic altitude gain profiler
- Nearby Landings (displays required glide ratio and distance to all the landings which can be reached)
- Route Optimization (indication for shortest route point)
- Speed to Start (optimal speed to make the start)
- Arriving altitude at next waypoint and goal (considering wind)
- Several Glide Ratios (to goal, average, to next,…)
- Easy task definition
- Task Navigation, configurable safety/risk margin on turn points.
- Task Map (trace with thermal indication)
- Flight data can be efficiently uploaded to various repositories, such as the Leonardo XC server, XContest, and DHV, utilizing the GSM network.
- Automatic almost real time flight data sending to a remote live tracking server through GSM network. (compatible with several servers like Flymaster, LiveTrack24, DHV, etc)
- On demand sending of predefined messages to a server (eg. Need Assistance, Need Retrieval, etc)
- Effortlessly receive data from a remote server, including alarm messages, task definitions, and more, through automated processes.
- Optimized LTE-M/GPRS data usage is minimal, with an average requirement of only 25KB per flight/hour, assuming uninterrupted communication.
Compatible with MacOS (10.13 and higher), Windows (7/8/10)
Stock code: OP-FM_LIVE-DS