Flymaster GPS-M – MONO Screen GPS Alti Vario with OPTIONAL FLARM MODULE
This instrument with FLARM Module is elligible for a £250 rebate from the CAA, details can be found here along with the application form.
The GPS-M s the ideal instrument for flying non-competition XC flights.
The GPS-M features a high contrast highly sunlight readable monochrome display for mapping and data fields etc.
A protective rubber Bumper Case is available to safeguard the instrument from bumps and drops.
Main Hardware Characteristics
|Display Resolution (High Contrast Grey Scale)
|Screen size (true viewing area)
|Battery Capacity (Lithium-Ion)
||Approx. 27 hours
||152x90x16 mm (Length x Width x Thickness)
|Native USB C Connection
||Allows connection to the PC to download/upload Flight Data, Airspaces Data, etc
||From wall adapter, car adapter or standard usb port
|Micro SD slot
||Supports cards to 16 GB, Optional pre-loaded 16GB SD card with airspace, ground data and maps now available.
|6 Axis accelerometer and magnetometer
||Allows 6-degrees of freedom Tilt-compensated Compass)
|Firmware update by USB (upgrades are free)
|User definable pages, 8 in portrait and 8 in landscape mode (each page can be draw using FIM software).
|Configurable graphical elements (depending of the element several parameters can be set by the user ex. Size, Border, …)
|Configurable data field elements (User can change size, border, title, Font, …)
|Page Trigger Events (page switches automatically if a specific event occurs)
- Airspace warning
- Entering thermal
- Transition (leaving thermal)
- Arriving at turnpoint
- Power up
|Multi lingual interface
|Configurable audible alerts
- Turnpoint complete
- Buzzer/near thermal sound.
- Ultra sensitive Variometer with 10 readings per second and 10 cm resolution.
- Configurable vario digital filter and integration values.
- Fully configurable Vario Sound (frequency, increments, frequency/vertical speed relation,….).
- 6 Sound Levels (configurable by menu, or using a key).
- Automatic mute, keeps vario silent until takeoff.
- Altitude adjustment using QNH.
- Automatic altitude adjustment from GPS.
- 2 independent altimeters.
- 3D flight logger IGC format.
- Storage for >300000 track points.
- Up to 248 flights.
- 448 Waypoints.
- Compatibility with Open Air format (upload of files using Designer).
- Display of restricted areas in map
- Adjustable warning vertical distance to a restriced area
- Adjustable warning horizontal distance to a restriced area
- Display of shortest Vertical, and Horizontal, distance to restricted area
- Resctrited area alarms (Altitude imminent, Position imminent, Violation, …)
- Critical Airspace page (displays information about areas that are closer than a defined distance)
- Worldwide Airspace database (SD card required) (
Cross Country Features
- Exclusive Thermal Ball indicator
- Several specific data fileds like Distance to take off, current and avarage glide ratio, avarage speed, etc.
- Distance to last thermal indexed with altitude
- Goto waypoint
- Multiple waypoint route
- Wind Speed and Direction (GPS based calculations)
- Automatic altitude gain profiler
- Nearby Landings (Displays Required Glide Ratio and distance to all the Landings which can be reached)
- Several Glides Ratios (average, to next,…)
- Easy route definition
- Route Navigation, configurable safety/risk margin on turn points.
- Route Map (trace with thermal indication)
- Compatible with MacOS (10.13 and higher), Windows (8/10)
Stock code: OP-FM_GPS-M-FLARM